- Disability International
- The purpose of DPI is to promote the Human Rights of People with Disabilities
through full participation, equalization of opportunity and development. DPI is a
grassroots, cross-disability network with member organizations in over 110
countries, over half of which are in the developing world
- Disability Information & Resources
- A large list of resources both on and off the net sorted by category.
- South Africa Quad Site
- Although this is not a travel related site they are very willing to answer questions about
travel and access in South Africa.
- World Association of Persons with Disabilities
- Became a reality, in 1996, with the formal incorporation of the non-profit, non-partisan, World Association dedicated to a rapidly growing residents of planet earth that are striving to be Alive ! ... Involved ! & Effective ! in their daily living.
- Founded in 1979, Sprout is a private, non-profit
organization dedicated to helping individuals with developmental disabilities and mental retardation grow through challenging
and safe travel experiences. Based in New York City, our programs are available to people with MR/DD and the agencies
that serve them throughout the U.S. Please visit our website to learn more about our program.
- Disability Now
- This is an on-line version of a monthly publication in the United Kingdom that covers a variety of disability issues.
- Dis-Abilities On Line
- This site covers a variety of disability issues including some information about travel.
- Very Special Arts
- Very Special Arts is an international nonprofit organization with a unique mission: to promote arts, education and creative expression, involving children and adults with disabilities, thereby
strengthening the human spirit and improving the quality of life for all.
- On A Roll Radio Show
- Syndicated radio show which airs Sunday evenings at 7:00 p.m. eastern time, The discuss a variety of issues of interest to persons with disabilities. Check their site to see if it is broadcast in your area.
- Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work
- For twenty years, the Canadian Council on rehabilitation and Work has been a leader in working for improved employment opportunities for persons with disabilities in Canada. They are organizing an international congress on Universal Design to take place from June 1-5, 2001 in Montréal.
- All About Multiple Sclerosis
- All About Multiple Sclerosis has been created by and is maintained by people with MS for people affected by MS. It provides many useful resources.
- HANDITEL -
- is maintained by Adapt which is part of Social Net Luxumburg. It has disability resources from around the world listed.
- HOPE Inc.
- This orgaization was founded as a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization in July 1992, by a group of individuals who saw the need to assist families with physically and mentally challenged children. The "HOPE" was to provide them with easy access to the latest technology available for pediatric mobility and recreation. Through the years, HOPE has upheld its' mission through the support of many volunteers, private donations, foundation partnerships and other non-profit organizations.
Their mission is to provide mobility and recreational opportunites to physically and mentally challenged children, adults and their families.
- News, informtion and resourcs for the Disability Community.
- Calgary Explorer
- This site is a wealth of visitor information including specifics for travelers with disabilities.
- Italian Disability Site
- This site not only has a variety of disability related information they can be of some assistance in document retrieval and or translation.
- Arthritis and Glucosamine Information Center
- At the Arthritis & Glucosamine Information Center you'll find top quality information on arthritis and glucosamine, the latest research, details on arthritis medications and treatments, and tips for effectively managing your pain.
- G.O.A.L.S. Inc.
- (Go Out And Live Successfully!) is a foundation dedicated to assisting people with spinal cord injuries.
- UK Independent Living Center
- This site which offers news, views, advice and product information designed to enable people to live their lives more independently. It is aimed at the less physically able and elderly, carers and
healthcare professionals. We are primarily an information resource, with some support advertising from reputable companies
- Access Tourism Network
- Promoting access and job creation in tourism for people with special needs. The site promotes travel and tourism services around Europe that train and/or employ people with disabilities.
- Nepal - Sahara Griha
- Their goal is to help the disabled community through rehabilitation, shelter, advocacy, human rights and to be the voice of equal opportunity for disabled and paralyzed persons. People wishing to visit Nepal, home of Mt. Everest, the worlds tallest peak may find this a useful resource.
- Post-Polio Health International
- Post-Polio Health International's mission
is to enhance the lives and independence of polio survivors and home
mechanical ventilator users by promoting education, networking, and
advocacy among these individuals and healthcare providers.
- Self Help for the Hard of Hearing
- SHHH is a national Self Help organization for the hearing impaired. They work to educate, advocate, and teach self help techniques to the hearing impaired world. They have over 12,000 members in the US as well as affiliates in Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- MS Central Support
- This website offers numerous interactive
features for those living with MS as well as for their family members and those interested in learning more about this illness.
- INFINITEC INC
- Their mission is to help people with disabilities, their families and their communities gain access to the full range of technology options at affordable cost. This site covers all categories in sports, recreation and travel.
- The National Business & Disability Council
- They have an internet database for
persons with disabilities. This databe is the Resume Database. It is a
free service to any one with a minimum of a two year college degree who
also has a disability.
- Disability Network
- This site is a information highway for the disabled and their families. You will find helpful as well as entertaining links for Adults and Children. They are also building a section that will have travel information.
- Dialysisfinder now has links to big dialysis education/news sites as well as to several
special-needs travel resource sites. The paper version of this and the Diabetes and HIV calendars are sold at Amazon.com
- Institute on Independent Living Online
- The Institute on Independent Living serves self-help organizations of disabled people who work for equal opportunities, self-determination and self-respect. We offer training materials, technical assistance and information on personal assistance, advocacy, accessibility, legislation and peer support.
- Muscular Dystrophy Campaign - United Kingdom
- Welcome to the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign web site, containing over 100 pages of vital information about neuromuscular conditions, current research and disability issues. The site also allows you to show your support for the
Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, or communicate with other visitors to the site.
- Myositis Association of America (MAA)
- The Myositis Association of America (MAA) is a non-profit organization committed to helping people with inflammatory myopathies through a variety of information and support services. It is supported through the dedication and generosity of its patient members, their families, and friends.
- The Mining Company-Disability page
- This site has information,articles and link to sites relating to a wide range of disabilities and topics including travel.
- AAPD -
- American Association of People with disabilities. They are a non-profit, non-partisan, cross-disability organization
whose goals are unity, leadership and impact.
- New Zealand Research Clearing House
- "To provide national and international information on research and best practice in rehabilitation and
disability issues." This site has an extensive lists of resources from around the world.
- Australia Disability Site
- This page is concerned with the many issues surrounding disability in today's world. It provides links to Victoria, Australian and world sites carrying information on a whole range of disability areas
- Independent Living Centers
- This is a lists of centers throughout the US plus some in Canada and the countries of Western Europe. Although most of them are not involved in tourism can be good resources such things as transportation and resources in their communities
- Disabled Online
- Provides topics and resources that benefit the entire disabled community.
- Through the Looking Glass (TLG)
- Through the Looking Glass is a nationally recognized non-profit agency and first National Resource Center for Parents with Disabilities. They provide direct services, training, materials and research concerning families in which a child, parent or grandparent has a disability or medical issue.
- Share your experiences, you will be able to benefit by comparing, learning and helping others that have the same or similar disability. Everyone can express their opinion on a wide range of topics from living with a disability to employment to sexuality to accessibility concerns and you can submit questions of your own. Participate and come back often for a new question.
- Disability Information
- A website for students that are studying in the field of of disability, as well as professionals working within it.
- Brain Injury Association of Colorado
- BIAC strives to improve the quality of life for survivors of brain injury and their families. We work to develop and support programs that prevent brain injuries. BIAC provides information, resources and support to persons with brain injuries and families through all phases of injury and rehabilitation.
- Wheel Me On
- Wheel Me On is for physically challenged people in wheelchairs fighting to overcome difficulties in society. "The Challenges of Mobility" expresses anxiety problems connected with the emotions of both physically challenged and able-bodied people. Page links include related material with supportive information to assist everyday living and travel.
- They provide information and services to persons with all sorts of disabilities.
- Family Village
- They are a global community that integrates information, resources, and communication opportunities on the Internet for persons with cognitive and other disabilities, for their families, and for those that provide them services and support.
- Mobility International USA
- This is the place for checking out exchange opportunities that include persons with disabilities.
- This site has information on products for people with disabilities. Their database contains over 17,000 currently available products from over 2,000 different companies. Each product record contains a detailed description of the product as well as price, manufacturer and distributor information. You will also find information on non-commercial prototypes, customized and one-of-a-kind products, and do-it-yourself designs.
- disABLED Person.com
Hi, my name is Diana Malfa. I am the publisher of disABLEDperson.com.
disABLEDperson.com was born from the constant complaining of my disABLED husband about the fact that there is nothing on the Internet other than disABILITY resource sites for you the disABLED person. So I decided, wouldn’t it be great to publish an online community that is geared specifically towards the disABLED person. Not just a resource site but a community. One with articles about the human side of your disABILITIES. We can do this by asking you what you would like to read about (please refer to the registration form). Of course we will still offer resource sites that you simply have to click onto a hyperlink to get to. Oh! By the way, our community is also for your caregivers if you have one. The site covers a wide range of topics.
- Department of Justice - ADA page
- This site has everything would want to know about the ADA. In tell where you can get more ada information, technical information, and judicial inffor mation and settlements.
- Disability World
- An international ezine reporting on the worldwide disability rights & independent living movement through articles, news and reviews on the following topics: legislation & governance; employment & self-sufficiency; independent liviing; technology & accessibility; arts & media; and issues pertaining to women & children. Published in English & Spanish.
- Greek Disability Web Site
- The site is in both Greek and English. If you are interested in Greece this is a good place to start.
- Cerebral Palsy - A Resource for Parents and Families
- Describes Athetoid, Ataxic, and Spastic Cerebral Palsy in children, including history, causes, symptoms, therapy and treatments.
- Family Friendly Fun
- family friendly fun and special needs resources mission is
to enhance the quality and fun of family life with special needs.
- Disabillity Resources Online
- e-bility.com is a destination web site which aims to provide a central resource for disability related information, services and products. Here you will find an active community of people - individuals, organizations, support groups, professional associations, service providers, and equipment suppliers - linked together via the Internet. This site, but covers many including travel and can be useful all persons with disabilities no matter wher they live.
- Disability Online - Online Directory
- This site has thousnnds of links to a variety of disability topics including travel.
- Disabled Informmation
- This is a new UK community site that covers many topics and has many resources.
- UK Independent Living
- This site offers news, views, advice and product information designed to enable people to live their lives more independently. It is aimed at the less physically able and elderly, carers and healthcare professionals. We are primarily an information resource, with some support advertising from reputable companies: we do not ourselves sell any products or services.
- DiabetesFiles Forum
- This is a new online forum about diabetes. They cover areas about support, health, recipes and 'other' stuff.
- A dependable one-stop site for persons looking to gain education, support and legal help. It is a place for friends and relatives of people with cerebral palsy. A community with trustworthy resources and discuss anything from coping, to real day to day activities, get newsworthy medical updates, and more.