- C.A.S.T. for Kids Foundation
- The C.A.S.T. for Kids Foundation was formed in 1991 to join volunteers who love to fish with
disabled and disadvantaged children for a day of fishing in the outdoors. The C.A.S.T. for Kids
event was designed to create an environment whereby both children and adults could benefit,
each taking from the day their own lessons. Children and adults could leave their problems on
shore and share a day of fun on the water.
- Kids On A Roll - Sacramento, CA
- This is part of Disabled Sports USA. The link goes to their home page. Kids on a Roll (KOR): is an exciting
program designed for children between the
ages of 7 and 15 who are in wheelchairs.
- Sailing Web
- Sailing Web has information about options for sailors with disabilities. Find out sailing clubs, accessible sailboats and competitions.
- Winners on Wheels
- WOW empowers kids in wheelchairs by encouraging personal achievement through creative
learning and expanded life experiences that lead to independent living skills.
- Canines for Disabled Kids
for Disabled Kids is a national non-profit organization located
in Princeton, MA that trains dogs of all breeds, shapes, sizes,
most rescued from shelters, to help children under 18 who are deaf,
physically, developmentally or emotionally disabled. These assistance
dogs help children by going everywhere with them to help give balance,
independence, socialablilty and security. Some dogs work in a school
or therapy setting, others, with the help of a facilitator, in the
- Personal Ponies
- PERSONAL PONIES is a national organization dedicated to the
belief that the life of a child with disabilities can be immeasurably
enriched by having a tiny pony to love and care for. Thus we
provide Miniature Shetland Ponies to families of disabled children,
completely without charge, for the lifetime use of the child.
- Kids On Wheels
The magazine: either online or print this new magazine covers lots of stuff of interest to kids of all ages.
The Guide: This indispensable guide breaks new ground with two separate volumes: A Young Person's Guide to Wheelchair Lifestyle and A Guide to Wheelchair Lifestyle for Parents, Teachers and Professionals.
Vol. 1, for grade school children, plants the seeds of independent living and disability pride with upbeat profiles of other kids, exciting recreational opportunities, peer advice and much more. It's not just about kids -- it's for kids!
Vol. 2 helps adults empower kids to live a full and independent life with tips from other families, the latest health information, plus detailed advice on insurance, personal assistance, education, transportation, technology and travel.