- UK Independent Living
- This site offers news, views, advice and product information designed to enable people to live their lives more independently. It is aimed at the less physically able and elderly, carers and healthcare professionals. We are primarily an information resource, with some support advertising from reputable companies: we do not ourselves sell any products or services.
- London Tours - by Harry Norman
- "Where Clients Arrive as Strangers and Leave as Friends." Explore the unique buildings and wonderful heritage of this famous capital in comfort? Harry can show you the places the tour buses miss and much more!
- UNDISCOVERED BRITAIN
- Your Accessible Britain Connection. Tired of the usual large-group tours? Looking for something unique?
"We make travel as easy as A.B.C." England, Scotland, Ireland & Wales
- The National Trust
- This site provides a complete index of the principal houses, gardens, coast and countryside owned
and protected forever by the National Trust in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. It also gives access information about each site.
- Access In London
- This book is a wealth of
information and was thoroughly researched. They cover traveling, getting around in the
city or area, accommodation, a description of access to the major sites and places of
interest, a 'good loo guide' (loo = toilet), and a considerable amount of practical advice.
- EVERYBODYS HOTEL DIRECTORY
- This is an independent and impartial listing of over 2000 UK hotels that have all been assessed as having both accommodation and a restaurant suitable for use by anyone, able bodied or disabled.
- RADAR (The Royal Association for Disability And Rehabilitation)
- This is a UK organization run by and working for disabled people. RADAR wears many hats, but one of their most popular services is the access guides that they publish for both Britain and abroad. These books can now be purchased online.
- Your Level Best
- On this sight you can search for a disabled friendly pub, restaurant or snackbar located in any area of the UK. You can seach by venue, area or name.
- Chalfont Tours - Escorted Tours
- Chalfont has guided tours throughout the United Kingdom and Europe. Their accessible motor coach is state of the art. They also can make arrangements for assisted care for any disability.
- This site was put together by a gentleman living in the UK. It has an extensive list of disability resource as well as article and tip to deal with all the red tape. It also has a travel information page.
- Holiday Care Service
- They are a national charity based at Horley near Gatwick Airport in South East England. Founded in 1981 we are the UK's central source of travel and holiday information and support for disabled and older people, their families, friends and carers.
- English Heritage
- They provide expert conservation advice and funding to many of the 15,400 ancient monuments, 450,000 listed buildings and 9,000 conservation areas across England. They provide access informaiton for many of the sites.
- They are the nationwide travel and transport information service for people with mobility
problems. They offer assistance with any aspect of travel, whether planning journeys involving private motoring or public transport and they will answer any of the whole range of transport-related questions.
- Action For Blind People
- Action for Blind People has been working for over 140 years to enable blind and partially sighted people to achieve equal opportunities in every aspect of their lives through work, leisure, housing and support. Their site has good information about how to get around the UK.
- Access All Areas
- DDA Access Audits In The UK To Give Your Business/Service Better Disabled Access.
I am a disabled UK wheelchair user qualified in access auditing (Disability Discrimination Act Audits) laws coming in in October.
- York - Yorkshire, England
- This site provides travel information to York and they have included access information and resources.
- Central London Dial-a-ride
- Dial-a-ride is a London-wide, door-to-door public transport service for disabled people who are unable, or find it difficult to use conventional buses and trains because of their disability.
- Wheelchair Travel
- They provide accessible minivan and car rentals in the UK. You can also make arrangements to take the car to Continental Europe.
- London & Area Blue Badge Parking Guide
- This guide
features valuable information for the disabled person from disabled
accessible car parks & accommodation, shopmobility centres and disabled
accessible tourist attractions. More detailed information such as Blue Badge
Parking Bays, WC etc will be detailed on the 60-80 city street maps.
- T' nT Car Hire
T'nT Cars is a family run Taxi and Private Hire partnership.
Based in Haywards Heath in the centre of Mid Sussex, we are ideally placed to service the transport needs of local towns and villages. As we are only 20 minutes from Gatwick Airport, we are perfectly situated to provide prompt service for holiday and business travellers.
You can e-mail us at:firstname.lastname@example.org